A Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) is a specialist who has seen many hand patients, taken more advanced studies and passed the Board exam. Additional CEUs and seeing a volume of upper extremity patients are necessary to maintain that certification. Our CHTs carefully develop individually designed therapy programs for patients with injuries and/or medical conditions related to the shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand, and digits.
Services may include the following:
- Evaluation (pre- and post-op)
- Splints (custom & prefabricated)
- Patient/Family Education
- Written Home Programs
- Therapeutic Exercises for Strength & Endurance
- Injury Prevention Programs
- Wound Care
- Scar and Pain Management
- Edema Control
- Manual Therapy Desensitization
Care Starts with a Thorough Evaluation
Our CHT evaluation starts with an intensive examination and assessment of your condition. A treatment plan is developed that is based on your specific needs. We then provide you with a clear, easy-to-understand explanation of how we can help you address and improve your symptoms.
We Then Develop a Personalized Treatment Plan for You
Treatment usually consists of gentle therapeutic exercises and hands-on techniques.
We frequently include the following procedures in your treatment program:
- A customized therapeutic exercise program for strengthening, coordination, and function
- Manual therapy (hands-on treatment)
- Extensive patient education about your condition
Our Evidence-Based Approach
There are three components utilized in our hand rehabilitation program:
- The current best evidence – We stay informed on new scientific research which is being published on a regular basis for advancing treatment techniques.
- Our clinical experience – We have provided certified hand therapy for 20 years and treated a variety of diagnoses. Clinical experience allows us to make excellent decisions about the type of treatment you should receive.
- Your treatment goals – Of course your long-term goals are important when developing a treatment plan.